Every educator that has entered a classroom has altered a child’s life either positively or negatively. It is our duty as educators to motivate students in ascertaining their inner strengths and abilities and discovering what truly inspires them. A great educator must provide a motivating learning environment that encourages students to trust their own opinions while developing confidence in order for them to realize their full potential. We must find methods of facilitating rather than dictating to be highly efficient in the classroom. Teachers must allow students to construct their own learning experiences rather than creating it for them.
An efficient teacher should be able to also:
1. Adjust and transform lessons to meet the Common Core Learning
2. Design and implement integrated, standard-based lessons in various content areas or in their specific area of expertise.
3. Utilize learning centers to compliment child-based, hands-on
4. Analyze assessment and data to plan lessons based on student needs.
5. Implement differentiated instruction in the classroom to address
the needs of all learners.
The greatest attribute however of an educator is truly their enthusiasm and love for learning.